Wednesday, April 27, 2011

In 38 days, he'll have made an honest woman out of me

In just 38 short days the love of my life and I are gettin' hitched, jumping the broom and breaking tons and tons of glass, as June 4th is the day I officially become Mrs. Jacobs! And I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a)elated, b) totally freaked out, and c)positively smitten with my full length vintage estevez big cat leopard print backless dress (my version of the perfect wedding dress).

This day has been fast approaching since my fiance Stu and I got engaged this past October, and almost every day after that has involved checking some sort of wedding-ish task off the list of things to tackle when planning and orchestrating your own big day. My nerves as well as my sanity have most certainly been challenged in these recent weeks, as everything is becoming more and more of a reality. But despite my panic attacks and pre-marital jitters, in addition to the anxiety that comes along with simultaneously quitting one job (to start a MONUMENTALLY better one) and slowly but surely making a reality my itsy bitsy vintage business, my heart of hearts still melts every single morning that I wake up next to the man I am so fucking insanely in love with.

Because in the end, we're it. He's it. My (soon to be) stepson's it. Our family's it. We're essentially Team Jacobs. And we kick ass. And pretty soon, my awesome friend Corryn will marry us, and then we get to kick ass til death. Boom.

team jacobs: full effect

020

No comments:

Post a Comment