Monday, February 18, 2008

Top 10 Reasons L Word Season 5, Episode 7 Was Like, The Fonz or Something

10. Tina's southern, y'all.


I loved when she said the word "tam" (time) at the beginning of the episode. It took me back to a tam when she was but a wee thing in a small town lookin' to *do* Evie. Y'all know what I'm talkin bout. Fuckin' asshoooole! ;-) But when Tina yelled out "Nikaaaaay" at SheBar, I died and went to grits heaven. Represent.

9. Cue *Imgonnagetyousucka* theme music. I was a bit concerned (but not surprised) when I heard the words "I think Tina's gotta thaaaang goin on (inaudible)" and "bow wow chicka bow wown" come from Kit's mouth early in the episode. And although she was even more ghetto this episode than she's been in a couple, it actually WORKED for me this time. I know! Shocked me too. The writer's should learn from this (if they get a 6th season--and don't you worry, I will be writing another letter) is that the only time it makes sense for Kit to be that ghetto is when she's callin' the po-po or yelling at an enemy who's handcuffed and being squeezed into the back of a cop car. Take note!

8. Evil Adele is hotter than Good Adele. Don't get me wrong. Bitch is crazy...but HOT.

7. Alice has always been the "right kind of gay"...and now she gets to prove it on national television. Months ago during a video interview on Ourchart, Leisha Hailey said she'd love to see Alice get her own tv show that was a spin-off of her radio show. And I mentioned it in my open letter to the writers last summer. It seems all of our hours at puppet-master school have finally paid off! Loving how they're calling it "The Look." Uh huh. Be careful Alice!

6. Take our breath away!

The guy who directed my least favorite episode this season (the soupy filmed one where Beech did a back-breaking 180 and was all nice to Tasha again) was Cougar from "Top Gun". Now The El has recruited Kelly Mcgillis. Coincidence? I think not.
I think someone ---> was a Maverick faaaan and I don't mean Dallas. I like the casting this season. We've got lesbians from 24 (Kate French) to 57/58 (Cybill Shepherd/Pam Grier). That's icyhot. And so is this:


5. What you talkin' bout, Phylis??
So I'm diggin the whole filming a movie within a tv show thing mostly because the show is having a good time poking fun at itself and educating us at the same time. For instance, I've always been on the chickwagon and of the mind that people like a certain actress who's name rhymes with "fate" or "fatherine" should be out publicly. To me it was sort of insulting that fatherine didn't want to stand up and be proud to call herself a lesbian or bisexual or whatever when she is playing arguably the most lesbian character in the history of television. I thought she "owed" it to her fans. But uh, I gotta tell you that this episode with the Niki outing thing really has opened my mind, my heart, and yes, my legs, to seeing it from the other person's point of view. Thanks Jenny's boob!

4. The "Stiletto Slut" rides again!

My #1 reason last week is still crazy as hell...and I'm still lovin' it.

3. My number 3 this week is Fonz approved!

And can I just mention again how GREAT Kate Moennig is looking this season? She looks great in every season (there's DVD proof of that), but she was dealin' with a serious case of the heroin-chic dingies a couple seasons there, and I'd lost that lovin' feelin for a while. Now she looks healthier than Jenny's left boob. And that's sayin a LOT!


2. Good things happen in and around my body anytime Jenny and Niki kiss. Even better things happen when they kiss while they're both naked. This week, Jenny's right boob stole the spotlight from Jenny's left boob. Thank you, Jenny's...right...boob. Have I mentioned how hot Kate French is? Yeah. Kinda scary that she's U-haulin it with the whole wanting Jenny's kids thing. But this makes up for it:


1. Slippery. Shiny. Boobies!


Seriously what else could it have been? And that wasn't even half of it. There were slippery boobies as far as the eye could see. And there's a rumor (that Ourchart started, haha) that Ourchart will have its own lesbian turkish oil wrestling match in Hollywood at the beginning of March and will record the whole thing. Let's hear it for those darn Turks and their wonderful invention, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment