Monday, February 11, 2008

Top 10 Reasons L Word Season 5, Episode 6 Was "a Hotbed of Lesbian Sex Salaciousness"

10. Adele combed her hair!


9. You RAT FUCK! We learned 2 important things this episode: A. Bette's kid isn't as genius as her mother (she called a group of rats "puppy.") And B. Whenever Kit has somethin' good goin, the writers yank that shit out of her (and our) hands. What happened to Kit's album, y'all? They worked so hard on it (yes, I did say "hard on") and then nothin'. Where's her hit song with Snoop? Where's Mangus? Where's Ivan? Where's PAPI? When will it end Ilene? When will it end??

8. It's a tie between that one dude... (an extra playing a crew member) on the set of Jenny's movie in the khakis who just walked from one side of the scene to the other several times, and Jenny's use of the word "apparati" in the opening scene. Both subtle, yet awesome in their own way. Juno-kudos.

7. Shane is a hairdresser. I keep forgetting that!
Now mind you they've shown her work on a few dozen heads over the years and I've still yet to see her do anything to the actual hair, BUT...it's Shane so she can get away with that. And in this episode, besides the amazing work she did on Adele, she really earned her pay while working on Alice's hair. Come on you guys, it's hard to gently stroke a ponytail. "Own that ponytail. WORK that updo!"


6. Debby Bimbo or whatever the fuck her name is. "What can't you do, Shane? Other than make my girlfriend come." I love this chick. No idea who she is but I love her. Hope she's in every episode Demboing it up.

5. When I grow up, I wanna be Jane Lynch.

There's not one second of screen time she has on the L Word or on the plethora of movies she's been in that have been wasted or anything short of genius. She's also #5 on my list because she said: "Phylis you hired me to represent you. And then you fired me so we could make sweet love...and then you broke my heart."

4. Kate French is still wicked hot. She just really is. And I bet she does an awesome British accent. Mmmmm... (BRING BACK HELENA YOU BASTARDS...ahem) Keep being hot, Kate. And keep doin' Jenny in all sorts of locations. If you want, you can hire me to be the location scout for where you wanna *do it* with Jenny. I've already got a place in mind. *eyebrow raised* ...and it's called, my pants.


3. Ilene showed up and showed off. We got lots of fancy camera angles and shots during this episode because of Ms. Ilene, who wrote and directed. I know I like to give her a good ribbing (ahem) every now and then, but I really love the way she shot this episode. You could tell that the show was in the loving hands of the person who gave birth to it years ago.

2. Bettina doin it. Hard. And a lot. I've lost track of where Tina lives now or how many kitchens Bette has or if Jodi even has a home. But Ilene handled the love scenes between Tina and Bette with a satin glove. If it weren't for that one dude and his bass voice sayin "doin it" or whatever all during the first of the two scenes, it would be #1 on my list.

1. Jenny. Hard. I know this is controversial. Some of you will say that Bettina/Tibette should be #1. But I would have been fine if the episode consisted of the first 3 minutes alone. I've said it before and I'll say it again (cause she's proving it over and over again) Mia Kirshner is playing the HELL out of this role. Someone send her tape in to the frickin' award shows already. Every line, every hand dismissal, every gum smack...deserves a: THANKS...JENNY's...LEFT BOOB!


Question: Who else thinks Max and Alice are gonna do it?

No comments:

Post a Comment